HOMESCHOOL EVALUATOR: Dr. Edward Kabakjian
1730 Fels Road
Pennsburg, PA 18073
Telephone: (215) 679-8888
As a Homeschool Evaluator Dr. Kabakjian provides more than just an evaluation letter. His focus in on the child and that child's growth and development. He helps the student to seek and discover the unique qualities that our Creator designed into him/her. An attempt is made to motivate the student to consider life goals based upon their emerging understanding of who they are and what their God-given potential is. Suggestions are offered to guide the family into choosing subjects and courses designed to develop the child's strengths to their fullest potential.
Dr. Kabakjian's educational background includes a Bachelor of Science and a Masters Degree in Education from Millersville University, a Master's Equivalent in guidance and psychology at Temple University and a Doctor of Education at Penn State University. In addition to his teaching certificate, he is certified by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Curriculum and Instruction grades K-12 and in Teacher Supervision.
Among Dr. Kabakjian's professional experiences are the following:
- Classroom teacher in Octorara Area School District grades 7-12 (10 years).
- Cooperating Teacher for Millersville University (7 years).
- Supervisor of Student Teaching at Penn State University (1 year).
- Assistant Professor at Trenton State College for Undergraduate and Graduate Schools (2 years).
- Executive Director of a national organization of teachers in Washington, D.C. (5 years).
- Assistant Superintendent of Schools in Quakertown for curriculum and instruction K-12 (5 years).
- Principal at Quakertown Christian School grades K-8 (2 years).
- Editor of "Man, Society, Technology", a national monthly magazine for educators (5 years).
- Consultant, Educational Testing Service in Princeton writing questions for standardized tests.
- Evaluator of Federally Funded Curriculum Projects for New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Homeschool Evaluator since 1989.
- "Teacher of the Year" in Pennsylvania in 1964 as honored by his professional peers.
- Received Certificates of Achievement from the National Academy of School Executives for:
- Curriculum Evaluation, Evaluating Instructional Staff, and Designing and Conducting Basic Skills Programs.
- He was invited by NASA to represent education on three of the early Apollo launches. He was among 200 national and international leaders representing various segments of society including government, industry, from the arts and sciences, education and more.