Overall Philosophy: As an evaluator, I have four goals: 1) to provide a supportive environment which celebrates your studentís work and accomplishments throughout the year, 2) to encourage your student to establish or work toward his or her goals and dreams, 3) to be a resource for you, the home educator, and 4) to ensure requirements of the home school law and diploma programs have been met.
Approved High School Diploma Evaluator for:
- Homeschooling mom - 12 years and counting
- Director of HIS Academy K-12th grade - 10 years
- SAT Essay reader
- English Teacher (nonschool setting) elementary thru sr. high - 9 years
- History and Nutrition teacher (nonschool setting)
- Public Speaking Coach and Judge - 3 years
- Science Fair Judge - 4 years
- Coordinator Chester County Summer Reading Program - 10 years
- High school and college planner for home schooled students - 2 years
Scope of evaluations:
- PHAA diploma program
- Erie County Diploma program
- Buxmont Christian Educational Institute
- Mason-Dixon Home School diploma program
Process and what to bring:
- Elementary Grades and Secondary Grades including high school
- I can do evaluations for all school districts in Chester County and Delaware County. Letters have also been submitted to some school districts in Bucks, Berks,
Montgomery County. I am also willing to submit a letter to a school district for any county not listed above if a family wishes to use me as an evaluator.
- Evaluations by appointment in my home in Chester Springs, PA (10 mins outside of Exton)
I sincerely look forward to meeting with you and your student. It is my privilege to share in your home schooling journey!
- Email or call (610.827.7149) to schedule an appointment.
- Verify with me that I am approved for your school district if outside Chester or Delaware Counties.
- Confirm, cancel, or reschedule appointment 3 days prior to your appointment.
- Appointments range from 30 minutes to one hour.
- Bring log, portfolio, and any other special awards or projects to share.
- High school students using diploma programs, bring the following, too:
- List of books read
- Form listing course work and extra-curricular activities(which Iíll send you)
- 10-page paper or other long paper, as required by your program
- During the interview, which I strive to make low stress and uplifting, I will talk with your student about what he or she did for each subject while looking over the portfolio.
- Iím happy to answer whatever questions you or your students may have and offer suggestions and guidance where requested within the scope of our appointment time. Individualized curriculum and high school planning services are available as a separate appointment, usually 2 hours in length, at $30 per hour.
- Within 2 weeks of your appointment, you will receive a letter which you then turn into the school district by June 30th of each year.
Return to Evaluator Listing. You can e-mail this evaluator from there