Resources and Announcements
- Our PHAA 2022 Graduation Ceremony is now available to view on the PHAA Youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYIB7mL8F9NBziUEemw8naQ
- Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Virtual High School at Home Conference was held on March 14, 2022. See the "Conference" page of the website for the recorded sessions of this conference.
- PHAA Evaluator, Audrey Johnson is offering a "HOW TO START HOMESCHOOLING" online course! The Facebook Course Launch will be on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 12 noon EST. You can register to receive course details at the following link: https://bit.ly/3wfaX6H
- Your College Sensei is an independently owned personal educational site. Using myself as an example, my objective is to show students, both in high school and college, how to graduate from college efficiently. This means quickly and with the least amount of debt possible. Also, how to get a jumpstart on college via concurrent enrollment.
I was homeschooled via a Charter School and through concurrent enrollment graduated high school at 16. I received my AS Degree in Business Administration at 17. I earned my BS in Business Entrepreneurship at 19, and my MBA in Entrepreneurship and Global Business at 20.
I talk about everything from concurrent enrollment, why community college and state colleges are so valuable, the top majors of 2023, managing stress, general education classes, summer school, GPA, how to pass your math classes, concurrent enrollment, and so much more.
- Drexel University is waiving application fees for Pennsylvania highschoolers for Fall of 2022!
OnLine Music Lessons:
Mrs. Marylee Fairfield, M.Ed, M. Mus. Ed. PA State Certified Music Educator; 30 years of experience. Special training and experience with young children and special need students (Certification courses in Early Childhood Education and Music Therapy) Up to date Background Clearances, Reasonably priced online lessons on the following instruments:
Piano--Beginner to Advanced
Voice--Beginner to Intermediate
Guitar-Beginner to Intermediate
Also offering music theory tutoring. Flexible scheduling options and electronic payment arrangements are available for your convenience. For further information please contact Mrs. Fairfield at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pennsylvania Interscholastic Esports Association (PIEA), provides high school programs the opportunity to compete for a State Championship in selected video game titles. Established in 2019, we are a nonprofit entity providing regulatory oversight and competition guidelines for Interscholastic Esports in Pennsylvania. Our primary mission is to build confidence in the integrity of esports programs within high schools, promote curriculum that enhances STEM/STEAM and other educational opportunities. Esports gives students the opportunity to develop social and emotional skills, problem solving, adaptability and much more.Currently any individual who may want to participate in any event, season, or game title may contact me specifically to be added to the esports team within their district. A tryout will determine if they can participate, if there is no team within the district the individual resides in, we can look into the next closest district/school with a team.A full policy is still being discussed by the Board of Directors, but I would love to provide all students with these opportunities! For more information call Samantha Bickel at 215-435-4113 or email: email@example.com
- CraftMap -A US. Geography Resource created by a homeschooled student. My product, known as the CraftMap, is a fun, interactive diorama kit that teaches students U.S. geography through drawing dot-to-dot puzzles, coloring maps, and folding origami models. I started with a map of the 11 states in the Northeast, and from there, my plan is to expand by creating kits representing other regions of the country. For each state, a student creates a state sign with background information and fun facts, assembles a “Who Am I” fold-up card about a famous person from that state, and folds two state-related origami models. There are a total of 22 unique models that can be made from each kit. Since the student is creating a diorama, the learning is interactive, engaging and there’s a permanence to having the completed diorama sitting in the home reinforcing what the child has learned.In addition, I’ve filmed over two hours of instructional videos that are easily accessed by QR codes printed on the instructions - which allows students to follow along with the directions at their own pace. Email: contact.craftmap@gmail.
com Website: http://www.bit.ly/ thecraftmap Facebook: https://www. facebook.com/CraftMap- 101291432232694