Kara M. Grijincu
Native to Berks County, I moved to Lancaster in 2022 upon getting married and have 10 years of teaching and evaluating experience.
I graduated from Albright College (2012 B.A., 3.97 GPA) and Kutztown University (2016 M. Ed., 4.0 GPA) and have a variety of personal and teaching experience that helps me to relate to all kinds of families:
- Homeschooled from K-6 (Abeka, Bob Jones, Sonlight, etc.)
- Graduated high school from Berks Christian
- Student taught in city and rural schools
- Taught at a charter school (Gillingham--Charlotte Mason philosophy)
- Worked as a Reading Specialist (Reading Recovery trained) at Wilson School District (Berks County)
|Grades||Cost Per Child||Time in Minutes|
*Plus additional $10 per student enrolled in PHAA
I'm willing to give discounts for additional children.
I prefer to do evaluations out of my home in Lancaster, but I may be able to meet you at another location or do video evaluations via Zoom or Google Meet.
Your checklist to bring to the evaluation:
- List of books read by you and your child
- Log of 180 days/hours
- Sample work from all subject areas (beginning, middle, and end of the year), compiled in folders or binders
I provide a copy of my education certificate to give to your local school district, as well as the form to fill out and sign to show a satisfactory year.
During the evaluation, I'll look through your documents while asking you and your child questions like:
- What was your favorite thing about this year?
- What is something your find hard about school?
- What does a typical day look like?
- Did you go on any field trips or outings?
- What kinds of activities do you enjoy doing?
It is my goal for this to be a celebration of the school year and to make you as comfortable as possible.
Please email me with any questions at:
Blessings to you!
Kara M. Grijincu, M. Ed.